“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel” Maya Angelou
This famous quote from Maya Angelou in a way says it all. This is also very much in line with the top 3 zones of Maslow's hierarchy of needs; a popular psychology theory which talks about how humans get motivated. The above theory is applicable to employees at workplace as well.
Today we have proven facts and figures through numerous research reports that Recognition at workplace has a great impact on Employee Engagement. However, organisations still struggle to fully embrace employee appreciation and recognition practices at workplace primarily for lack of conviction of the benefits.
Not just us at PossibleWorks but almost all of these studies have highlighted time and again the benefits of an engaged workforce and the need to adopt these practices especially in the context of the modern workplaces.
Here are some of the benefits of Employee Rewards & Recognition Program that may help organisations strengthen their business case for R & R programs.
Align Employees with Organizational Culture
- To recognize outstanding behaviors that support a business organization in accomplishing the vision, mission, values, goals and objectives
- To strengthen employee engagement and loyalty to company mission
- To improve individual attitudes by showcasing team work
Improve Employee Engagement
- To establish a supportive community via online Recognition forum
- To channelize and improvise the Communication System within the organization
- To recognize individual achievements in tenure and major milestones
- To make employee feel valued. build self-esteem and a sense of belonging within the individual employees and teams
- To create a greater impact through appreciation from peers, in the form of co-workers, in addition to that coming from Managers
- To signal that every employee is a Key Player in organization’s growth and in achieving its Mission collectively
Improve Employee Performance
- To recognize exceptional professional performance
- To showcase work undertaken in the form of technical accomplishment / breakthrough / discovery
- To develop innovation and creativity in individual employees and teams.
- To create and harness the power of motivation – by valuing and recognizing people which is an effective strategy to promote performance and optimistic behaviors throughout the organization.